Take care of all your banking needs whenever it’s convenient, at no monthly service fee. You’ll be able to review transactions, check balances, transfer funds between Croghan accounts and make payments on Croghan loans.
Online Banking Login Instructions
- Enroll in this program at your local Croghan branch.
- Select “First Time User”.
- Enter the First Time User Authentication information, select “Enroll”.
- Use the PIN supplied at account opening.
- Create an Access ID and Password.
- Access ID must be at least 6 characters in length, do not use special characters or an account number.
- Password must be between 8 and 17 characters in length and contain an upper case letter, lower case letter, a number and a special character.
- Complete the additional security information.
- You are now logged in. To begin banking, select an account number from the “Accounts” tab.
- You are also now enrolled in Tele-Banc.
- To access call 419-355-2121 or 800-219-6124.
- On your first call, use the same PIN supplied at account opening.
Online Banking Security
Croghan Colonial Bank has technical controls in place to help mitigate some of the risks associated with Online Banking. However, should your Online Banking account become compromised, please contact (888) 276-4426 immediately.
The best form of prevention is to make yourself aware of the various threats related to Online Banking.
Online Banking Education & Awareness
Where smartphones meet smart banking. With three types of Mobile Banking you can truly bank anytime, anywhere, on any device. There is no monthly service fee for this service, however be sure to check with your mobile phone provider regarding your data service plan. You’ll be able to review transactions, check balances, transfer funds between Croghan accounts and make payments on Croghan loans.
You can now manage your Croghan Debit Card using this app! This not only increases fraud prevention, but let's you keep an eye on your spending. Freeze and un-freeze your card, set spending limits and track usage - all from the palm of your hand.
How to Enroll
- Search for "Croghan" in your App Store.
- Install the FREE Croghan Mobile Banking app.
- Use the same Access ID and Password that you use for your Online Banking.
Mobile Web or Mobile Text
- While logged into your Online Banking, either follow the Mobile Banking prompt screen or select “Profile” from the top toolbar and scroll to the “Mobile Banking Profile” section to “Enroll Now”.
- Review and “Accept” the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions, select “Continue”.
- Select the Mobile Banking option you prefer, select “Continue”.
- Select the accounts you would like to access and create nicknames, select “Continue”.
- Enter your mobile phone number, select “Continue”.
- An Activation Code is sent via text message to this mobile phone number (code expires after 24 hours).
- Enter the Activation Code that was sent via text message, select “Activate”.
- A text message will be sent confirming your activation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Mobile Banking secure?
A. Mobile Banking employs industry best practices with regards to security. At a high level, Mobile Banking offers the following security safeguards:
- Authentication – users are authenticated for every interaction with Mobile Banking by username, password and security challenge questions.
- Encryption – 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions.
- Fraud – Mobile Banking incorporates mechanisms to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience – protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability – provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
Q. Is my personal or financial information stored on my phone?
A. No, Mobile Banking does not save any files with personal or financial information on your mobile device.
Q. Which accounts can I access using Mobile Banking?
A. The accounts listed in your Online Banking are available for Mobile Banking. You select which accounts you want to access during Mobile Banking enrollment.
Q. How current is the account and transaction information?
A. You will see your current available account balance. You will see the most recently posted transactions in your transaction history; pending transactions do not display.
Q. Can I add more than one mobile phone?
A. Yes, you can enroll several mobile devices for Mobile Banking.
Q. What if my phone number changes?
A. If your mobile phone number changes, simply update the number within Online Banking under Options>Manage Devices.
Q. What if my phone is lost or stolen?
A. No one can access your account without knowing your password and, in some cases, your unique user name. To prevent unauthorized access, you can deactivate your mobile device within Online Banking under Options>Manage Devices.
Q. How do I stop using Mobile Banking on my phone?
A. To stop using Mobile Banking on your mobile device go to Options>Manage Devices.
Q. Which phones can I use for Mobile Banking?
A. Hundreds of phones are supported including these major brands: iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Sanyo and Ericsson. Phones on a number of different operating systems are also supported including: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linus, Palm webOS and Maemo.
Q. Which mobile service carriers support Mobile Banking?
A. Mobile Banking works on all major mobile service carriers in the U.S.: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, and Verizon Wireless. Mobile Banking also works on a number of the smaller service carriers including: Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless, Metro PCS, Pioneer Cellular, Union Wireless and Virgin Mobile USA.
Q. I have a prepaid plan, can I use Mobile Banking?
A. Mobile Banking works with most prepaid plans, but we cannot guarantee that your carrier supports standard U.S. short codes. T-Mobile prepaid does not support short codes.
Start sending money with Zelle®! It's a fast, safe and easy way to send money.
It’s the fast and easy way to pay bills.
- Pay virtually anyone at any time.
- The Bill Payment Center allows you to receive, view and pay bills from one location. Electronic bills (e-bills) are available.
- Pay date is the day you want the payee to receive payment.
- In most cases, funds are taken out of your account the same day it is credited to the payee.
- Use multiple checking accounts to manage your bills.
- Create sub-categories for your payees to better organize your bill payments.
- Download your bill payment history to Quicken® software.
- Monthly service fee is dependent on your checking account product.
How to Enroll
- While logged into your Online Banking, select Bill Payment from the navigational toolbar.
- Input the requested information.
- Review and “Accept” the Bill Pay Terms & Conditions.
- You’ll receive an email confirming your enrollment.
You now have the ability to know what’s going on in your account at all times with Croghan Alerts! Sign up to receive a text or email regarding your account activity.
- Morning Balance Alerts
- Deposit Alerts
- Withdrawal Alerts
- Low Balance Alerts
- Loan Payment Due Alerts
- Loan Payment Past Due Alerts
How to Enroll
- While logged into your Online Banking, select “Croghan Alerts” from the navigational toolbar.
- Select the product type for which you’d like to receive mobile and/or email alerts.
- Select “Setup New Alert”.
- Select a “Category” and “Type” of alert using the drop down options, select “Next”.
- Select an account number using the drop down option (if you have multiple accounts).
- Select a “Send To” method (email or mobile).
- For email alerts, verify that your email address is accurate.
- For mobile alerts, input your Mobile Phone Number and select your Mobile Phone Carrier using the drop down.
- Select “Finish”.
- Repeat process for each alert you’d like to receive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are Croghan Alerts?
A. They are email and text updates about your accounts (carrier, message and data rates may apply).
Q. How many email addresses or mobile numbers can I have my Croghan Alerts sent to?
A. Each user can have one email address and one mobile number set up to receive Croghan Alerts.
Q. What should I do if my email address or mobile number changes?
A. Select the “Croghan Alerts” tab within Online Banking. You’ll see the Croghan Alerts that you’ve signed up to receive. Select “Edit” to update your email address or mobile number for each alert.
Q. When are account alerts delivered?
A. We may send Croghan Alerts multiple times a day to ensure you receive timely information regarding your accounts. Many Croghan Alerts are triggered when an actual transaction post to your account; some of your transactions post to your account immediately, while other transactions only post once a day. You can expect to receive Croghan Alerts no later than once business day from the triggering event.
Q. Why do my Health Savings and Money Market Accounts show as checking accounts?
A. Since Health Savings and Money Market accounts have check writing abilities they are considered checking accounts on our system.
Q. Why did I receive two alerts for the same transaction?
A. You may receive two alerts for the same transaction due to how the transaction posts to your account. One alert is for pre-authorization of the transaction, and the second alert is when the transaction actually posts to your account. Should you have questions regarding a double alert, review your account information through Online Banking or Mobile Banking to be sure the transaction posted to your account correctly.
Q. I paid several bills using Bill Pay, why does my alert text message only show one payment?
A. Text message alerts only give a snapshot of information due to size and spacing. For this purpose when payments are made at the same time, the text message will only reflect one payment – even though the entire amount of all payments was actually taken from your account. Email alerts contain much more detail and we suggest you also sing up to receive email alerts for this purpose.
Q. How do I turn off Croghan Alerts?
A. Select the “Croghan Alerts” tab within Online Banking. You’ll see the Croghan Alerts that you’ve sign up to receive. Select “Delete” on the alerts that you wish to turn off.
Q. I signed up for Croghan Alerts but have never received them, why?
A. You may have typed an incorrect email address or phone number at the time of sign up. Select the “Croghan Alerts” tab within Online Banking to “Edit” your information.
Q. I stopped receiving my Croghan Alerts and I’m not sure why?
A. Updates to Croghan Alerts may occur. Due to the update customers will need to re-sign up for their Croghan Alerts. You will be notified on our website, croghan.com, when updates occur.
You can now manage your Croghan Debit Card from the palm of your hand using the CardValet app. This not only increases fraud prevention, but let’s you keep an eye on your spending. Freeze and un-freeze your card, set spending limits and track usage.
- No monthly fee.
- Freeze your card if it goes missing, to prevent fraud. Then unfreeze it when you’ve found it.
- Establish spending limits.
- Schedule purchase alerts.
- Set locations and merchant types where the card can be used (i.e. gas only).
- Limit transactions to a certain area using your phone’s GPS.
- Set security preferences to match your spending habits.
- The CardValet app works with most mobile operating software, including the two-part generations of Android and iPhone devices.
Quick Reference Guide
- Download the CardValet app from your App Store and register your cards.
- Turn your Debit Card on or off, set controls or alerts; view balances and card transactions. Select a card from the CardValet home screen and you are ready to begin.
Access your account statements securely through your Online Banking service.
- No monthly service fee.
- View and balance your account statement online.
- No mail delay, eStatements are available sooner.
- Up to 12 months of eStatements are archived online.
How to Enroll
- When logged into your Online Banking, either follow the eStatement prompt screen or select “Profile” from the top toolbar and scroll to the “Electronic Statement” section.
- Select the accounts for which you’d like to receive eStatements.
- Review and “Accept” the Electronic Statements Terms & Conditions.
- You’ll receive an email notification every time a new eStatement is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my eStatement look the same as the paper statement I receive in the mail?
A. Yes, the PDF eStatement will look the same as your paper statement and it’s legally acceptable. For recordkeeping purposes, you can save and/or print your eStatements.
Q. My account has multiple account owners, who can enroll or view eStatements?
A. The first three names listed on the account can enroll for eStatements. All account owners will be able to view the eStatements by using their own Online Banking login information.
Q. Are there any computer specifications that I’ll need to have in order to view my eStatements properly?
A. In order for the service to work properly, you must have access to a computer capable of internet access. It is necessary to have a version of Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or above. Other browsers may still function, but are not currently certified with our product. In addition, you must have a valid email account and a version of Adobe Reader 5.0 or above installed on your PC to view the statement. You can download a version of Adobe to your computer at https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Q. I didn’t receive an email notification, how do I verify that an email address is current?
A. It’s important to keep your email address current. To verify or change your email address, sign into Online Banking and select “Options” on your tool bar. If your email address is current and you do not receive your email notification, please contact us.
Q. Will I receive my eStatement as an email?
A. No, you will receive an email notification when your eStatement is available. Your actual eStatement is accessed through Online Banking.
Q. When prompted to sign up for eStatements, I selected the “Ask Me Later” or “Decline” option. I’m ready to sign up now, how do I get back to the sign up screen?
A. While logged into Online Banking, select “Options” on the tool bar, then scroll to the eStatements section and select “Edit”. Complete the eStatement Enrollment Form.
Q. Can I go back to receiving paper statements?
A. Yes, you can return to receiving paper statements anytime. Please be aware that some of our accounts access a fee for paper statements. Notify us in writing of this request.
Croghan Colonial Bank
323 Croghan Street
Fremont, OH 43420
Q. Are there any security issues I need to be aware of?
A. Make sure you always keep your Online Banking password secure. Make sure you log out of your Online Banking account and close all windows that you’ve opened to display your eStatements before you leave your computer in order to protect your account information
Q. Can I save and/or print my eStatements?
A. Yes. You can save your eStatements to your computer to print them through a printer connected to your computer.
Make your deposits with our Mobile Banking App - all day, every day. Simply snap a picture of your check and submit it for deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit is an add-on capability within our Mobile Banking App. The Mobile Deposit feature allows Mobile Banking customers to make a check deposit via the Mobile Banking App, by photographing the front and back of the check with their smartphone and submitting that image for deposit to their account.
Q. Do I need to enroll in Mobile Deposit?
A. No, Customers do not need to enroll to complete Mobile Deposit. If you are currently a Mobile Banking customer this additional service will automatically be available to you. If you are not a Mobile Banking customer, simply download the free Croghan Mobile Banking App from your App Store to get started.
Q. What accounts are eligible to receive Mobile Deposits?
A. You can make a Mobile Deposit to a checking account, savings account or money market account.
Q. Is there a fee for Mobile Deposit?
A. There is no additional fee for the Mobile Deposit service.
Q. I can't see the account I wish to deposit to, how can I fix this?
A. Accounts must be selected to access via Mobile Banking. To complete this step, log on to your Online Banking through our website, croghan.com. Select the Profile tab and scroll to the Mobile Banking section, you can then manage your devices and add the accounts you wish to access.
Q. How much can I deposit per day?
A. Your daily limit is $2,500 per customer.
Q. How many checks can I deposit per day?
A. Only one check can be deposited at a time. There is no limit to the number of checks you can deposit per day.
Q. How do I sign my checks?
A. The endorsement requirements are as follows:
For Mobile Deposit / Today's Date
Croghan Colonial Bank
Q. How soon can I use the funds I deposited through Mobile Deposit?
A. Typically 1 to 2 business days after the deposit is submitted. The daily cut-off time is 5:00pm EST.
Q. How can I verify the deposit was received by the Bank?
A. When your deposit is submitted the status will show as "pending" until it is processed by the Bank. To check the status while in Mobile Banking, select Deposit - Check Deposit History. The status of each mobile deposit item will be available here. When the status shows as "accepted" the funds will be available for use.
Q. How will a Mobile Deposit appear on my statement?
A. The transaction description will read as 'Mobile Deposit'.
Q. What should I do with the check after I mobile deposit it?
A. We recommend you prominently mark the check as "Electronically Deposited" to ensure it is not re-deposited in error. Once you have confirmed the deposit has been "accepted", securely dispose of the check after 60 days.
Q. Are there certain checks I cannot submit with Mobile Deposit?
A. Yes, ineligible items include: Check drawn on non-US banks, check that are illegible, substituted checks (as defined by Check 21 guidelines), returned checks, counter checks, traveler's cheques, money orders, or checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
Q. I keep getting a message that my check image is not clear, what can I do?
A. Here are some tips:
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking the photo.
- Place the check on a solid dark background, take the photo in a well-lit area and try on to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus, with no shadows.
- All four corners of the check should be visible.
Q. What happens if I mistakenly deposit a check a second time?
A. Our systems are equipped to alert us when a check is presented as a duplicate. Croghan will reverse your deposit and a Branch employee will contact you to discuss.
Q. If I have a joint check do I have to deposit it into a joint account?
A. Yes, if you have a check made out to two individuals the Mobile Deposit must be submitted to an account that both individuals are owners of. On joint checks both individuals need to sign the check for Mobile Deposit.