How the Welcome Home Program can help with your down payment and closing costs.
One of the most daunting parts of the homebuying process is saving for the down payment and closing costs. It can be especially frustrating when you know you can handle the monthly mortgage payment, but you need to get over that initial financial hurdle. Fortunately, there's a program to help with that, and it's called Welcome Home.
How it works.
The Welcome Home Program (WHP) offers grants to help low- and moderate-income homebuyers with down payments and closing costs. The home can be a single-family residence, attached or detached condo, manufactured home or 2-4 family home and must be owner-occupied. Funds are reserved for specific homebuyers purchasing specific homes; they cannot be transferred to other homebuyers or homes.
For veterans and non-veterans alike.
If you're an honorably discharged veteran, active-duty military, reservist or surviving spouse of service personnel, you can qualify for up to $7,500 in assistance. All other homebuyers may qualify for up to $5,000 in aid.
Do I qualify?
To qualify for the Welcome Home Program, you must meet a few basic requirements:
- Total income for all occupants must be at or below 80% of the Mortgage Revenue Bond for the county and state where the property is located.
- To find out what income limits are in your area, contact a Croghan Colonial Bank mortgage expert.
- You must contribute at least $500 of your own funds.
- You do NOT have to be a first-time homebuyer.
- Non-occupant consigners and co-borrowers are not allowed.
- You must have a fully-executed purchase contract.
These are the basic requirements, contact one of our mortgage expert for details.
Let us help.
Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you qualify, the Croghan Colonial Bank mortgage team will register and reserve funds. The program open March 2, but we can help you start the process now and be ready for opening day registration.
To find one of our mortgage experts in your area, visit croghanmortgage.com.
Rates, terms and conditions determined by qualifications including but not limited to creditworthiness, loan-to-value ratio and collateral conditions. All loans subject to approval.